Forum Discussion

MaryV
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Long Service Leave Calculation

I have an employee leaving and long service leave was never setup in our payroll.  I have calculated that their entitlement is 4.8455 weeks.  How do I work out what that is in hours so I can update the category to make the payment.  We are on a 38hr week. 

Obviously the 4 week part is simple, it's the .8455 bit that has me stumped.  

Help Please!!! :smileyfrustrated:

• Hi MaryV 

This is always tricky this is how I would proceed to update MYOB with accurals:

The best report to run in MYOB ARL is the Payroll Activity Detail Report.

This report will give you the total hours they have worked from the start of employment to date.

From there you set up the Long Service Leave Category and do a dummy NIL payrun to bring in all the accured hours. 

Put in the total hours in a dummy payroll that the employee has worked to date.

Then enter the accured hours calculated above and delete out all the other values so the payroll is NIL.  See below

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloudMindAcc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi MaryV 

This is always tricky this is how I would proceed to update MYOB with accurals:

The best report to run in MYOB ARL is the Payroll Activity Detail Report.

This report will give you the total hours they have worked from the start of employment to date.

From there you set up the Long Service Leave Category and do a dummy NIL payrun to bring in all the accured hours. 

Put in the total hours in a dummy payroll that the employee has worked to date.

Then enter the accured hours calculated above and delete out all the other values so the payroll is NIL.  See below

MaryV
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Renae,

Thank you so much, you're a gem!! Saves so much time trying to manually calculate it!!

Regards

Mary

CloudMindAcc
        Ultimate Partner

MaryV  glad I could help you :smileyvery-happy: thanks for marking off the solution as well :smileyhappy: