Mistake on STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KSIU
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Mistake on STP

Hi, I have made a mistake for unused annual leave and annual leave loading in the final pay of one of the employees, I have processed 11 employees on that pay run but I still haven't sent the report to ATO.  The employee was paid incorrectly, so I reversed the transaction and "Re-do" it again.  Then the company paid the employee the difference.

The questions are :

1) Should I send the payroll report for the 11 employees including the mistaken one?

2) Should I send the payroll report for the one which was "Re-do"?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Mistake on STP

Hi @KSIU 

Thanks for your post. You do need to send the original report for two reasons: 

1. to send the payrun information for the other 11 employees
  2. to send the original final pay so that it can be matched with the reversal that has been sent

Once that report has been accepted, send the re-do report to update the YTD amounts for the terminated employee. Wait until that report has been accepted then go to the EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) button for that employee and download the Summary of payments report. Check that the YTD amounts in that report match both the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KSIU
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for your response!  I don't know why the reversal doesn't show in the Payroll reporting centre? 

Regards

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KSIU 

The way STP reporting works is that only transactions recorded through the Process Payroll window are sent to the ATO. As reversals aren't recorded through Process Payroll, they won't appear in Payroll Reporting Center. That said, ATO is only interested in the YTD amounts which are corrected by doing a reversal and then doing another pay run to declare it. 

You can check the YTD amounts are correct by going to the Payroll Reporting Center and clicking on the ... button for the most recent report and select Download report.

Feel free to post should you have further questions on this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KSIU
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Komal, 

I have just sent the original payrun and the adjusted payrun to ATO.  I will check the YTD amount after they have accepted the reports.

Thank you for your help!

Regards

Karen

KSIU
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal and Tracey,

The YTD amount in ATO report is matching with the YTD amount in MYOB.

Thank you so much!!

Cheers

Karen

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post