Forum Discussion

swatts11
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

My Activity report does not match what is sent to ATO Payroll

I'm running two MYOB accounts one has one employee not balancing.  All reports sent to ATO and I can see they have been accepted but within the payroll report centre its not reading it - how do I fix this.

In the other company file I have three employees not balancing.   All files were sent to ATO and I cannot see why they do not balance (they are all short) - this aint so simple :(

Can anyone help

bungy15
    5 years ago

swatts11 

Save a backup of your current file before you do the restore so that you don’t lose data entered for this FY. Once you have finalised you can restore the current backup.

Any payroll corrections for EOFY need to be made in the 18/19 FY for the verification report to be correct. If the terminated employees are not showing in the verification report you will need to do $0 pays for them, payment date 30 June. 

Cheers

Tracey

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bungy15
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi swatts11 

Start by checking that all payroll categories have been set up correctly and assigned the correct ato reporting category. Also check that all taxable payroll categories have not been ticked exempt from PAYG.

The Payroll Activity detail report can help narrow down which categories are causing the out of balance.

Are you working on EOFY or the current FY?

Let me know how you go

Tracey

swatts11
      Experienced Cover User

If there was any issue with the set up of the accounts they would have no balance at all.  But they do and they just seem to stop calculating all on different dates so there is no link there.  Two were terminated employees which I hadn't entered but have now - this was sent to the ATO and I can see that a file has been sent but nothing has been updated.

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi swatts11 

Payroll Categories and ATO Reporting Categories are two different things. When you process a payrun you allocate hours and amounts to payroll categories, this is what is reported in your MYOB reports.

The EOFY verification report is the totals of the ATO reporting categories. If a payroll category has not been assigned the correct ato reporting category or has been incorrectly ticked tax exempt it will not be picked up by the verification report. (Since you mentioned terminated employees I’m assuming you are doing EOFY Finalisation)

The two reasons for the verification report not balancing are

1. Payroll categories set up incorrectly - your MYOB reports and STP reports can be correct while the verification report is incorrect 

2. An issue where the report is not pulling the correct figures through, which can be fixed by processing $0 pays.

Cheers

Tracey