Forum Discussion

SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Payroll Tax not balancing

When  I run  the Amount by Category (Payroll Tax) my wages total $136,000 then when I run the Payroll Tax it is only showing $125,000  I have check that all wage catergories are ticked, I have checke...
    Tracey_H
    5 years ago

Hi SharonCC 

You've done the right thing by deleting her termination date and changing her Employment Basis to casual. Once you remove the termination date you will see the entitlements in the entitlement reports as they are only 'hidden' so that you comply with record keeping laws.  The available hours should be zero though.

When you have a difference between the Payroll Activity and Register reports it means that a change has been made to the Pay History in the Employee Card.  The Activity report gets it's data from payruns processed, the Register gets it's data from the employee card. That's why you should always print and check both reports.  

What we need to find out is what happened to the termination pay in the employee card. It might be worthwhile to restore a backup to a time between the termination and when you reinstated her. You could check her Pay History in the backup to see if it's correct.

Let me know how you go