Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
deepseng
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

@SuzyB1 wrote:

I just found this on the myob website

Known issue AccountRight 2020.2

In AccountRight 2020.2, rolling over the payroll year and loading the new tax tables is done automatically by the software at the start of the new financial year.

As such, you won't be able to process pays with a July payment date until 10.00am 1st July 2020, when that rollover process will have occurred.

Very helpful comment!! Thanks Smiley Happy

I'm only processing 20 employees but I feel sorry for those that need to do hundreds.

JohnW1708
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It is now the 1st July and i still get the error. Is there something i need to do? I have finalised the STP for June 2020.

KatieGrace
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is not helpful for those of us that have large payrolls to process. What happens at 10am if it doesn't work? There are only so many hours in a day. Would have been helpful to know this before hand. Is MYOB going to fix this before next financial year, as I can see by the posts, this is causing a lot of stress for a lot of people.

BroadAir
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Yeah, this online MYOB has given us lot of grief. Not one to make life easy.

Good luck to you! I think I may have to do the same. Do it manually to start with.

BroadAir
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hope this helps everyone who is experiencing difficulty with payroll today.

Just called customer service and the recorded message is we will be able to run payroll for new year after 10am 

KatieGrace
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. Waiting with baited breath. :-) Have a great day.

1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am trying to post payroll today 1/7/2020 and i still get the same error, my tax tables say 1/7/20 so i know the payroll year has closed, what do i do ?????

LMMck
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It is now July 1st and I am still getting the same error message regarding processing the pays

@Melisa_D wrote:

Hi @Kerry59

Thank you for your post. In AccountRight 2020.2 rolling over the payroll year and uploading the new tax tables is done automatically by the software at the start of the new financial year. As such, you won't be able to process pays with a July payment date until 1st July, when that roll over process will have occurred.

When trying to process a pay run with a payment date in July and the system date is June, you will receive the error message You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year. This is because the system has not rolled over to the new payroll year, ie 2020-21.

This error message is NOT referring to the financial year in your company file (Setup>>Company Information) so please do NOT close your financial year. We do recommend that users always check with their accountants prior to closing the financial year.

The message is an intentional change in the process, as the system does not allow for pays to be processed in a future payroll year. However, we do understand the wording may cause some confusion and we do apologise for that.

Saraoxley
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is ridiculous,

The new version was meant to make things easier yet we are all sitting around wasting time trying to process payroll.

I am in current FY and it wont allow me to process wages....... 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Pay runs dated today (01/07/2020) will be able to be run from 10am (EST), as the date limitation is being based on UTC time.

More information and updates will be available via Processing pays in the new payroll year 01/07/2020

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post