5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll recurring as negative - Urgent

Hi each week when I create payroll, all seems fine & I process it electronically.  Once saved it creates an automated journal for one employee only (out of about 17 employees) and reverses the pay for that one employee.  I cannot work out why, I have checked recurring transactions, I have fixed her tax file number.  She started in 27/9/23 but this automated journal only started occuring in November.  I am totally stumped.  It is making her STP reports incorrect, it is making PAYG incorrect & it is making superannuation incorrect.  It has a huge affect on the my processing please help me with any clues ASAP.

Thank you Tracey

Macareana MYOB error .png
3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll recurring as negative - Urgent

Hi @amazone,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. I suggest reviewing the Pay Run Activity Detail Report first to identify any processed pay runs with negative wages. If you find such a pay run, please open it and inspect the settings of the pay item associated with the negative amount. It's possible that one of the pay items used by the employee is causing this issue. Additionally, kindly verify the accuracy of the figures in the standard pay section of the employee's card file.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards

Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

amazone
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Earl

Thank you for the tips/help.  I found the error not in the pay items or standard pay tab but in the pay details/salary and wages tab of the employee file.  The wrong expense account had been selected.  It should be 6-3002 for wages but it was 1-0100 our business bank account.  This created a CD or credit each pay run.  Fingers crossed pay run this week is okay.

Now I have to work out the journal to correct all the entries since November.

Tracey.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @amazone,

Thank you for sharing how you resolved the issue. If you have any more questions in the future, please feel free to post, and we'll be delighted to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post