Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Prefilled IAS not balancing with MYOB reports

Hi,

For the first time I've noticed that when I go the ATO Portal to submit my IAS report the amounts are prefilled for July. There is a $280 difference for the gross wages for my payroll summary report and the prefilled report (which is short). The tax amount is correct. I have no idea how to work out what categories haven't been reported which seem to total  $70 per week. When I look at the payroll categories everything appears to be assigned correctly. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Kind regards

Jenny

16 REPLIES 16
FFTITIC
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Prefilled IAS not balancing with MYOB reports

Hi Jenny

I have just got the same problem.  It appears to be the total of my employees salary sacrifice super.

Can I ask if you have found a solution.  I have held of lodging with the ATO for fear of my end of year reports not balancing with them.

Kind regard

Toni

jhay1
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Toni,

Oh, thank you! That's what mine is too. My salary sacrifice is set up as reportable under category 'Salary Sacrifice and RESC'. My end of year report balanced with my MYOB reports and my BIS has only just started prefilling - otherwise I wouldn't have even picked this up. I have lodged my end of year payroll with the ATO for the last few years with everything set up this way and I haven't had any queries from them, so I'm assuming it's ok. I have altered the prefilled amount though so that it matches my MYOB payroll register summary. 

Kind regards

Jenny

CJL05
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @jhay1 and @FFTITIC 

Just wondering if you found a solution to this issue? I've been having the same problem and have been overriding the prefill amount, but I'm not sure if that is the correct thing to do. Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

jhay1
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

21Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CJL05,

I continued to adjust the figures for a couple of months but the last pre-filled table was correct without any need for adjustment, and November's figures look correct at this stage too. I am assuming it was an MYOB glitch that has now been fixed (maybe).

Kind regards

Jenny

CJL05
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jenny

My figures were still incorrect for the latest prefill, but our salary sacrifice isn't for super (we are a not-for-profit), so maybe it is slightly different for us. I will just continue to adjust manually I guess.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards

Carley

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for posting this concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the differences between your IAS and the ledger reports. May I get you to check on the "Set up Activity Statement Fields" from the "Settings" on the BAS landing page to check if the category is included in the W1 field? 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
Genreve

CJL05
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve

I've added this as a category, so hopefully this fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Carley

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @CJL05

Thank you for the update. You can always let us know if your issue persists. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again in the forum if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,
Genreve

FFTITIC
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @CJL05

I was corresponding with MYOB and they had me check all my settings for Single Touch Payroll for Salary Sacrifice and they were all fine.  No solution was found. 

I spoke to my accountant and he told me to keep overriding the pre fill amount.  I do know that it is the salary sacrifice that isn't being picked up in the prefill amount so at least I know exactly what it is come the end of the financial year.  I am hoping by then there is a fix made by either MYOB or the ATO.

If you find anything else out, I would appreceiat an update too.  Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post