Forum Discussion

RDS_acd
Contributing User
2 years ago

Re: STP Finalisation

I've been on hold now for 1 hr 48 mins!

My issue in that a terminated employee during the year - their wage details (including super and RESC) are not showing in the verification report. Weirdly, his Lump Sum A is showing up.

The Gross Payments YTD are correct in the EOFY Finalisation. Have verified with the ATO that they have the correct totals for everything in thier system.

Can I go ahead and finalise 21/22 STP?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    RDS_acd
    Contributing User

UPDATE:

After being on hold to myob for over 2 hours today, I gave up. I did find a post from Melissa_D about how to fix a termination that was done under Phase 1 - Scenario 1.

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Incorrect-ETP-Values-EOFY-Finalisation-2022/td-p/765846

As per the instructions, I deleted the termination date in the employee myob file and made the employee active again. Then I processed a $0 pay at 30 June 2022 and lodged to STP. I also "undid" the termination in the STP records.
    This has now had the effect of removing ALL of the terminated employee’s wage details from the Gross Payment YTD figure. Previously the Gross Payment YTD figure was correct but the Verification Report did not balance as it did not have the terminated employee’s normal wages, superannuation and super salary sacrifice. Weirdly, the lump sum A termination payment was in there.
    So now it seems to be worse than before. I have since gone back into STP reporting and re-entered the termination date. Doesn't appear to have changed the Gross Payment YTD figure. And the Verification Report has not changed at all.
    Would appreciate asome help.