Reconciliation of Payroll Summary report to YTD verification report in Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nick1001
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reconciliation of Payroll Summary report to YTD verification report in Payroll Reporting Centre

My year end payroll issue seems to be slightly different.  The YTD verification report shows that STP amounts reconcile to payroll amounts, but the wage and tax figures are for the first 8 months of the year only (ie. to 28 Feb).

Reports for the whole year are showing as having been accepted by the ATO (so 12 months, not 8 months).

Anyone else having this issue?  I'm concerned I will be under-reporting everyones wages if I finalise EOFY.

Nick

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reconciliation of Payroll Summary report to YTD verification report in Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi @Nick1001 

Thanks for your post. The pay run reports in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab sends the YTD amounts to the ATO and each report overrides the previous one. 

The YTD verification report and Summary of payments reports in the Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab pull the YTD amounts from the employee card>>Pay History and filter by the ATO reporting categories. These are the reports send to the ATO when you finalise.

The AccountRight Payroll activity report gets its data from pays processed in Process Payroll. The Payroll register and Payroll Summary reports get their data from the employee card>>Pay History, the same as the STP EOFY reports.

So the first step is to make sure the Payroll activity and register reports match. If they do, it means the STP EOFY reports have the correct amounts but are not filtering correctly. Processing a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June will update the STP reports so that they report the correct figures. Wait until that report is accepted before rechecking the YTD verification report.

If processing a $0 pay doesn't resolve your issue or the activity and register reports don't match this post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information to help resolve this.

If you've moved to STP Phase 2 this post has information on the changes: What's different in STP Phase 2 reporting

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post