Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reversed super with wrong date but already paid to fund

Hi i accidently put a pay run through at 14.3.23 instead of 14.3.24.  The pay period from dates of 26.2.24-1.3.24 were correct, it was just the payment date wrong.

I paid the superanuation already and it has been processed.  I have since reversed the pays in STP and reversed the super payments in 'pay super".  What do I do now with the super that has been paid?  Because the pay period from dates are correct will it be ok?  Even though the payment date is wrong?

And when I reenter the pays correctly do I zero out the super as its already been paid?

6 REPLIES 6
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Reversed super with wrong date but already paid to fund

Hi @solvo123,

I appreciate your reaching out. As you've already reversed the pays and the super payments, the next step would be to reenter the pays with the correct date. When reentering the pays, you should zero out the super as it's already been paid.

For more details, you may check out this helpful article about fixing a pay.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,
Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

solvo123
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

What do I do about the date on the Super contriubtions already sent to the funds though? 

Will they show up in last financial year because the date was incorrect?

The period dates to and from were correct (26.2.24-10.3.24) but the payment date that was incorrect 14.3.23 instead of 14.3.24, which puts it back in last financial year.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @solvo123,

Great question!

Regarding the contributions already sent to the funds with an incorrect payment date, they may indeed show up in the last financial year due to the date discrepancy. You'll need to correct this by reprocessing super payments with the correct payment details. 

Once you've reversed the super payments, the next step would be to reprocess them with the correct payment date via the Pay Liabilities feature. After doing so, you can review both your last and current financial year superannuation reports to ensure everything is accurately recorded. For more information, please refer to this Help article: Reversing Superannuation Payments.

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

solvo123
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

But they've already been sent and PAID to the super fund. 

According to other myob support notes reversing AFTER the payment has already been sent will not do anything at the super end of things. 

im thinking I may have to contact each super fund. This was much easier when it was done through myob and we submitted it all ourselves manually. 

solvo123
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Your suggestion would meen my book-work is correct but it doesn't account for what's happening at the superannuation fund side. 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @solvo123,

You're absolutely on point in thinking about contacting the super funds directly. I appreciate that idea!

It's definitely worth reaching out to each super fund to confirm the payments or if they can issue a refund before moving forward with reprocessing the super payments. Direct communication with the super funds will ensure that everything is properly addressed and resolved.

If you have further questions or need further assistance, please let me know.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post