Forum Discussion

Jo_Hunt
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

STP EOFY Finalisation - error however new year rolled forward already

Hi everyone

We have been STP reporting for the 18/19 year and have already rolled our Accountright file forward to the 19/20 payroll year. We have now realised an employee's gross payments are incorrect. 

How can we fix this? I know if we hadn't rolled the new year forward we could have just done a $0.00 pay, but I think we are too late for that option.

Can we do the EOFY Finalisation for this employee from a backup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hi Jo,

Yes that's correct, it was the fix the help desk gave me for an issue and it did work. 

Cheers

Chrisy

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisyJones
    Trusted Cover User

Why are the gross payments wrong? 

I also thought this but when i downloaded the full report for that employee i discovered that the allowances no longer show in the gross amount unlike MYOB manual reporting where the allowances still show on report.  Go into STP and download their report and take look if the gross amount and allowance add up to the full gross amount on the manual report its fine.

Cheers

Chrisy

Jo_Hunt
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Chrissy

Thank you for your reply.

There are no allowances relating to this. The reason for the error is that a pay was processed, then reported. Then it was incorrect, so a reversal was done, then reported. Then the correcting pay run was processed and reported.

The problem is, the EOFY finalisation figure is matching the figures reported after the reversal was done, it is not picking up the correcting pay run.  I thought maybe our client lodged the reversing pay as the final report, however she assures me the correcting pay was the final one reported. I should point out this was all done on the same day, so maybe its a timing issue.

I understand this is all a learning curve, but if anyone has any ideas how to fix this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you 

ChrisyJones
        Trusted Cover User

Hi Jo,

Try pushing through a $0 run for that employee from the back up file, that also worked for me.

Cheers

Chrisy