Forum Discussion

Shirl2007
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

STP Phase 2 Payroll Tax Reporting

Hi, our client is having issues with the Amount by Category (Payroll Tax) Report.  One of the Salary Sacrifice categories are not being included in the report and are showing as Not Assigned (refer to attachment Amount by Catefory).  The payroll setup in MYOB Categories appears to be correct (refer to attachment Superannuation Information).  Can some one please help, thanks.

Post has been edited by MYOB moderator for privacy reasons^MD

• Hi Shirl2007,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would advise checking is if the category is set up as taxable or non-taxable

To check this, please navigate to the 'Setup' dropdown > 'General payroll information' > 'Set up Payroll Tax' > please check here if the category in question has a 'tick' next to it or not. If the category isn't ticked, this means you do not wish tax to calculate on it, hence - not reflecting on the Payroll Tax report. 

If you are unsure whether this particular category is taxable or non-taxable, please reach out to your financial advisor or the ATO as we are unable to advise you on this. 

However, if you require further assistance with your software, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi Shirl2007,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would advise checking is if the category is set up as taxable or non-taxable

To check this, please navigate to the 'Setup' dropdown > 'General payroll information' > 'Set up Payroll Tax' > please check here if the category in question has a 'tick' next to it or not. If the category isn't ticked, this means you do not wish tax to calculate on it, hence - not reflecting on the Payroll Tax report. 

If you are unsure whether this particular category is taxable or non-taxable, please reach out to your financial advisor or the ATO as we are unable to advise you on this. 

However, if you require further assistance with your software, please do reach out. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Shirl2007
      Contributing User

That's brilliant thank you Sam_R and has solved the problem