Forum Discussion

LeesaScanlon
Contributing User
2 years ago

STP Verification report showing 0 gross wages

I have just moved to STP phase 2. 

My STP YTD Verification Report 21-22 is listing $0 gross payments but correctly listing the Superannuation and PAYG payments for each employee. Why is the gross payments figure $0 ?

My MYOB Payroll activity report correctly shows the total wages and taxes, as does the indivudal STP reports for each pay run for the financial year. 

Also, for the latest STP report (dated today) states "accepted with errors" with the following error for every employee: 

"A field contains invalid data" 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
        LeesaScanlon
        Contributing User

There were a number of posts recommending a fix whereby a $0 pay run is processed dated 30/06/2022 which updates the employees wages info in STP (after having upgraded to phase 2 STP).  

This wasn't working for me. 

However, I did it a second time, making sure the PAY DATE was also dated 30/06/2022 and once this was processed, all of the correct wages details populated in the Verification Report.

I was also having a problem whereby employees who had left employment within the past FY weren't even having their super $ showing in the report. The above fix solved this problem also. 

CMAG91
      User

We also have the same issue with some clients. Many of us are exhausted with the incompetence of the ATO and software providers in providing error free software, or user friendly means of support and trouble shooting of any issues that will inevitably arise, especially when we are on tight deadlines to make things happen. If you could elaborate on how your issue was fixed I'm sure more than just myself would greatly appreciate it.

CMAG91
        User

Met with one particular client, the issue seems to have resolved itself once a $0 pay run is processed for all employees. Same as usual, only the client switched to STP phase 2 prior to processing the finalisation but after the final pay run and associated STP lodgement for the year.

MYOB's default to "*None" for employee number/ID seemed to cause issues also.

BrookeKCA
    Contributing Cover User

I am also having the same issue. How did you fix it?

LeesaScanlon
      Contributing User

There were a number of posts recommending a fix whereby a $0 pay run is processed dated 30/06/2022 which updates the employees wages info in STP (after having upgraded to phase 2 STP).  

This wasn't working for me. 

However, I did it a second time, making sure the PAY DATE was also dated 30/06/2022 and once this was processed, all of the correct wages details populated in the Verification Report.

I was also having a problem whereby employees who had left employment within the past FY weren't even having their super $ showing in the report. The above fix solved this problem also. 

Hope this works for you.