Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP reporting

Hi

I migrated from AR to MYOB business and I notified the ato of the previous BMI and reported the first payroll in Business pro and all good. However I realised that for 1 employee I missed to report the last few pays in the previous AR file and they are not updated  with the latest report from Myob Business as they did not exist in the STP section.

The question is can I still report them through STP from the old AR, now I started using MYOB Business. That is not going to double the payroll for that employee if I report again from the old AR? Yeah?

Note the AR file is still connected.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Re: STP reporting

Hi @Bassem,

Thanks for your post. If you have recently done the payrun but have not yet reported it to the ATO before migration, I highly recommend confirming that the amounts you've paid your employees in MYOB match the amounts that are listed against each employee's record. This will identify if there's an amount that has been recorded but not yet reported to ATO. You'll do this by running and comparing the payroll register, payroll activity reports, and YTD reports. If all of the figures match, this means that payruns are all reported to the ATO upon migration.

You may use this helpful article, EOFY STP reports, that has full, detailed information and instructions regarding this.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA through this link: myob.com/support , for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Bassem
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Shella

My issue is with only one employee, the rest match between the old AR system and the new Migrated Biz Pro.

So in the Old AR the amount paid as wages is $31,500 but reported through STP only 27,500 as I missed to report the last few pays in March.

When I migrated to Biz Pro and provided the previous BMI to ato, the amount under STP is showing $27,500 because that what was repored to ato under old AR.

My question is: Can I go back to the old AR and report the STP again for that employee to include the missing pays? Will that be reflected in the new system BIZ pro taking in account is only showing $27500 in Biz pro and the actual missing pays are not showing at all. So If I report using the old AR and then report from the new Biz pro after will those missing pays be reflected in it and the STP will show then 31500. 

Note I haven't reported anything for this employee under the new system yet and no new pays were made as well yet. 

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,524 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,524Posts

45Kudos

157Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Bassem,

Thanks for the response. The pay-run process prior to the migration from AccountRight to MYOB Business will not be displayed under STP. After STP is set up, all the payroll reports can be done using the MYOB business you have migrated to, but to send the information through again, you do what is called an update event. Instructions on how to do that can be found here: How to Send an Update Event.

However, if the update event is accepted by the ATO and the payroll figures still don't match, this might need further investigation. You may need to visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. Use MOCA for immediate queries and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post