Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP2 Summary of Payments Gross Wages are not deducting salary sacrifice amounts

Why are salary sacrified novated lease and laptop amounts included in gross wages and not deducted as per monthly payroll.  This caused a shortfall in tax deducted over the year with staff sitting with tax debt where it is not the case.

This was raised previously but no solution offered how to amend EOFY finalisation reporting

2 REPLIES 2
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,163 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,163Posts

117Kudos

489Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: STP2 Summary of Payments Gross Wages are not deducting salary sacrifice amounts

Hi @MFAA,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, if a salary sacrifice is set up correctly and assigned to the accurate ATO reporting category, this should be deducted from the gross wages. Kindly refer to this Help article, Salary sacrificing, which has detailed information on how to set up salary sacrifice. If it is set up correctly, could you please provide us with a screenshot of your salary sacrifice set up, so I can further check?

If you wish to amend your EOFY through the STP reporting center, ensure that it is from the previous and current payroll years. If it is prior to the previous payroll year, then it is recommended to manually lodge with the ATO. End-of-year finalization with Single Touch payroll reporting, has detailed instructions on how to undo your finalization.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

MFAA
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP2 Summary of Payments Gross Wages are not deducting salary sacrifice amounts

Hi.  My salary sarificing is now corerctly set up and have managed to fix June 23 onwards.  How do I fix June 22 or manulay lodge with the ATO to correct June 22

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post