Forum Discussion

jo33
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Super Guarantee amount not showing on STP finalisation verification report

Hi, I am trying to finalise the 2022 STP but noted that the super guarantee amounts are not showing on the verification reports for all the employees. Would that be a problem? Is it mandatory to report those to the ATO? How do I fix this? The customer support is not helpful - was on the line for almost 3 hours just to get to someone but eventually gave up as it was just ridiculous.

• Hi jo33 

What's the Contribution Type for that payroll category? Super guarantee should be Contribution Type: Superannuation Guarantee (expense), the ATO reporting category will then be automatically selected as Superannuation Guarantee and cannot be changed:

You're getting that error because an ATO reporting category hasn't been assigned to the payroll category. If you have selected the wrong Contribution Type you will need to create a new superannuation guarantee payroll category. Then process adjustment pays to transfer the super amounts from the incorrect payroll category to the correct one.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jo33
    Experienced User

I am having the same issue as well. The super guarantee section is $0. Not sure why we are suggested to do another post to correct it when we had use the correct accounts in the first place!

• Hi jo33 

It is mandatory for super guarantee amounts to be reported through STPso you will need to make sure employee Summary of payments reports are correct. The first step is to check the Payroll activity and Payroll register reports match. If they do, check the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned to the payroll category. Process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update the STP reports.

The post , AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information.

If you continue to have trouble with this please provide screenshots of the Payroll activity, Payroll register report and YTD verification report. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

jo33
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey,

The payroll activity and payroll register reports match. When I go to the Payroll Categories, there is no selection for me to to choose how the super guarantee should be assigned under the ATO reporting categories. I only have the option 'to be assigned' or 'not reportable' - please see attached screenshot.

jo33
      Experienced User

Hi Tracey,

I have replied and attached a screenshot earlier. Can you please let me know what to do? Thanks

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi jo33 

You need to assign this payroll category to Superannuation Guarantee before it will show up on reports. I'm surprised MYOB is allows you to use a payroll category that has not been assigned - then again lately nothing surprises me with MYOB....

Regards

Gavin

jo33
      Experienced User

Hi Tracy, I haven't got a response on how to fix this. i have another error now when i go to check payroll details.