Forum Discussion

NDMYOB
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

URGENT - Update STP after deleting employee card

Hi,

I processed pay for an employee and before submitting it to ATO I deleted his pay. It was decided that employee  will not be paid from that particular entity so as no future pay will processed for him I deleted his Employee card too from MYOB

Later on I submitted all payroll to ATO and I just reliased that deleted employee is also submitted now.

I cannot do a void pay to return his pay amount to 0 becasue i have already deleted his employee card.

What is the solution now? Do you think if I create his card again and do a void pay then issue will be fixed or MYOB will treat it as another employee becasue of different record Id and all?

Please let me know how i can fix this issue. what options i have to remove it from STP lodgement?

Thanks

NDMYOB
    3 years ago

Thanks Tracey_H ,

i resubmitted after updating missing details and it has been accepted by ATO.

Kind regards,

ND

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    amla
    Experienced Cover User

Hi NDMYOB 

This is an intersting problem. I hope MYOB has a solution for it. They should have anticipated this kind of issue and have a solution.

I will be interested in knowing the solution too. This can happen so easily.

good luck with MYOB

NDMYOB
      Experienced User

Hi guys,

I added employee back in again and using card import, gave employee same reocrd id that employee originally had however when myob imported it then it changed record id to next available record id so even if i do a void pay this is not going to solve my issue.

Can we change reocrd ID in myob? please let me know if someone can help.

or can i reinstate deleted employee card?

MYOB better have some solution for it or they should not let users delete employee cards even when pay is deleted.

Thanks

Thanks

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi NDMYOB 

This is what we call a ghost employee and your file will need to come in to us for repair to fix this issue. In order for me to arrange the data file repair I will need you to send me the following information by private message:

• serial number (Setup>>Company Information)
        • Company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight)
        • business name
        • primary contact name
        • primary email address
        • the name of the incorrect employee
        • the ID of the incorrect employee
        • a screenshot of the Summary of payments report (Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) and Download report

To avoid this error users need to zero out all amounts in the employee card>>Pay History and then process a $0 pay to update STP. Once the $0 pay has been accepted by the ATO and the STP reports are showing $0.00 YTD amounts the card can be deleted from AccountRight.