Unable to process pays in the new payroll year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to process pays in the new payroll year

System.ArgumentException - MYOB Community

Unable to process pays in the new payroll year - MYOB Community

Hello

I have not been able to process pays in my locally stored (offline) company file since 01/07/21.  I have finalised STP for 2020/21.  Accountright Error comes up "Something is wrong and Accountright needs to close".  When clicking on the check for a solution it comes up with System.ArgumentException. I don't have an Active AccountRight Live Subscription with a free space.

Last 4 digits of my serial number are 1748.  I assume this issue has not yet been resolved as I have not had a program update.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unable to process pays in the new payroll year

Build: 2021.3.24.4119

Local

Serial Number: 1748

Company file ID: 1

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @747791 

Looking at your account, I can see that company file ID 1 is currently using Payroll Reporting as part of the active AccountRight subscription on your account. As the company file that is generating the error is company file ID 1, I would recommend uploading that company file to cloud to process the pays. This can be done via File>>Go Online (Upload this File). Once upload to that cloud, you should be free to process those pays without error.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response.

Will my file remain in the cloud once I restore it locally?  Is there a way of deleting the 'online' file?

Also will I have to upload / or process my pays on the online file each week?  Or will this resolve the problem for my 'offline' file once I have restored it?

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @747791 

My understanding is that once the company file has been moved online and a pay has been processed you would be free to use that company file locally again. Should this be required it would be a case of backing up the online file (File>>Backup). Once that backup has been completed, restore that company file locally (File>>Restore). 

When that file has been made locally and you are happy we can arrange for the company file to be removed from the cloud if required. Do let us know and we can start that process for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Yes thanks the error has now been resolved and I can process payroll locally with the restored file.

Could you please arrange to remove my file from the cloud.

Thank you.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @747791 

Great to hear that process has worked for you.

In terms of removing that online file, we do need to confirm a few company details as such I have sent you a private message to arrange for that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post