Unable to send email through new Outlook version now unable to access older version

Karen-CLET
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to send email through new Outlook version now unable to access older version

Hello am having major issues sending emails from MYOB from the new Outlook version IT DOES NOT WORK for anything and am getting the following message as per attached file.  Have tried to find anything that will work but nothing seems to please assist as soon as possible

MYOB Email issue.PNG
1 REPLY 1
Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Re: Unable to send email through new Outlook version now unable to access older version

Hi, @Karen-CLET. Thank you for reaching out here in the Community Forum.

If you have used AccountRight to send emails and want to switch back to Outlook, go to the Setup menu > Preferences > Emailing tab and deselect the option Send Emails Using AccountRight.

To email from AccountRight through Microsoft Outlook, you'll need to:

• make Outlook your default email program, and
  • choose the default email address to send emails from.

Here's how:

1. Make Outlook your default email program: AccountRight relies on Microsoft Outlook software being installed on your computer, and for it to be set as the default email program. Apps like the default Mail app provided with Windows 10 or 8 are not compatible. How you set Outlook as your default email program depends on your version of Microsoft Office. For instructions, see this Microsoft support article.

2. Choose the default email address to send emails from: 

• Open Microsoft Outlook.
  • Click the File tab.

• Click Account Settings and then choose Account Settings from the list.
  • Select the email account you want to make the default account, and then click Set as Default. (If the option is greyed out, it means that the account you’ve selected is already the default account.)
  • Click the Data Files tab and again select the email address you want to use then click Set as Default.

Additional information: If your company file is online, you can send emails straight from AccountRight, so you don't need Microsoft Outlook or other email software installed on your computer. Learn more.

Let me know if there's anything that I can assist you with and I'll be happy to help!

If I'm able to help you today, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Hannah

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post