Forum Discussion

18 days ago

Job profit and loss report not loading in AccountRight Online

It appears that I can only run the Job Profit and Loss for the Custom period 1 April 2024 to the current date. Any other time period comes up with a failed to load message. In the past we have been able to run this report for any period.

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi shirleycs,

Welcome to the Community Forum! We're thrilled to have you here!

I've tweaked a few things in the file to help you generate the Job Profit and Loss report smoothly. Could you do me a favor and clear your browser cache? Then, try running the report for a shorter period. If you're still facing issues, just let me know, and I'll be happy to lend a hand!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Princess

shirleycs
      User

Hi Princess, 

Can you please confirm what you tweaked as I now have an issue with the Job P&L's when I run them on my desk top version of AccountRight

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi shirleycs,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've only reset your online file to refresh the data. Could you please provide more details about the issue you're encountering with the job P&Ls in your desktop version of AccountRight? If you have a backup of your file where you haven't encountered any issues, you can restore it online. This may help resolve the problem you're experiencing with the job P&Ls in your desktop version of AccountRight. 

Feel free to post anytime you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi Princess,

Thank you have cleared my browser cache but the report is still not working.

I found this reply post in the Community : 

This error message typically comes up if there are void transactions in the date range that you're running the repot for. 

I'd suggest clicking into Find Transactions and locate any that have a $0 amount and Job number. Remove these void lines and save the transaction before generating the report once more - you should no longer experience an error message after that. 

Alternatively, you can also run the report from the start of the financial year for 1 month at a time till you identify the month where the error starts. Once you've done that, begin running it for the start of the month moving the date out 1 at a time to find the date the error starts. From there you'll be able to remove any $0 void transaction lines and the report should run without a problem once you've fixed up any relevant transactions.

I have identified the date where the error starts and it happens to be the 29 February. I found two transactions with $0.00 and deleted them but still can't run the report. What is the easiest way to check for Void invoices ?

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi shirleycs,

Thank you for taking the time to clear your browser cache and identify the date where the issue originated. While there isn't a simpler method to directly check for void invoices, you can still track changes made to transactions, including void invoices, through the Journal security audit report. 

Additionally, you may consider another workaround to address this error. Please check your chart of accounts to ensure that no header accounts have been mistakenly added as detail accounts under another header account. If any discrepancies are found, you'll need to update the account to point to the correct header account.

If the report still fails to load even after removing void transactions and confirming the accuracy of your chart of accounts, it may indicate a more complex issue that requires further investigation. In such cases, I recommend reaching out to our virtual assistant, MOCA, available on our website. Alternatively, you can request support through your account on myob.com. Rest assured, if MOCA is unable to provide the assistance you need, you'll be seamlessly transferred to our live chat team for further support.

Cheers,

Princess