A client is receiving unrelated invoices directly into their Myob file.

DGoodall
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

A client is receiving unrelated invoices directly into their Myob file.

I had a call this morning.  One of our clients is receiving invoices I send out for other clients and this has been occuring periodically over the last few weeks.   They are receiving them not in the form of emails (the method in which I send them) but DIRECTLY into their myob file.  This is a dreadful breach of privacy.  How does this occur and how can I stop it???

8 REPLIES 8
DGoodall
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: A client is receiving unrelated invoices directly into their Myob file from my email system despite me not emailing her.

Still nothing a week later.  Rang MYOB last week and was promised it would all be fixed in 24 hours.  Not given a Case Number despite asking for one.   Was told it was a problem in their 'developer system'.

Problem still occuring.  The unrealated business client is fed up with receiving my invoices into her in-tray. Have rung MYOB again and was told that this is a problem for (an undisclosed number of) MYOB users.  I now have a Case Number and wait with anticipation.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Re: A client is receiving unrelated invoices directly into their Myob file from my email system d...

Hi, @DGoodall

We sent you a private message here in the Community Forum requesting additional details to further assist you with your concern. Kindly check, as we are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

DGoodall
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: A client is receiving unrelated invoices directly into their Myob file from my email system d...

Thanks.  I have tried to explain it as best I can.  A former customer of ours is receiving invoices into their in-tray for other companies.  IE: they are receiving invoices that are not related to them.  I have checked myob email and definately only sending each invoice to the correct company email address.  Could a cache need clearing out as it looks like their email address is embedded somewhere in my myob system?

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi, @DGoodall

Thanks for your response.

If there is no incorrect information on the invoice, please advise your former to delete it. Also, kindly clear your AccountRight cache by following the steps in our Help Article: Clearing the AccountRight Cache. Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

DGoodall
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Doreen - clearing the cache has not resolved the situation at all. 

Another company is still receiving my daily invoices into their in-tray.  Please note, this is a breach of privacy for all my other customers.  I am having to resort to printing an invoice, scanning it into my PC, saving it to my desktop and sending via email as your email facility in MYOB appears to have hard-coded the other company into my email system.  Checking the Sent Emails there is only the 1 receipient so it is very odd.  Why are my invoices turning up in another companies in-tray???

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi, @DGoodall

Thank you for updating us.

The impacted company will need to check if they set up rules/filter in their email to forwards 'Your customers Invoices' directly to their In Tray as this may cause the issue. They will need turn that off or delete that rule. More information on how to do this can be found in the Help Article: Emailing documents to your In tray and Create rules to filter your emails.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

DGoodall
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, however I am not emailing the impacted company!

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi, @DGoodall

Thanks for your patience.

Since we've established that you're not reaching out to the affected company directly, why not take a spin with our virtual assistant, MOCA? It's been crafted to delve into issues just like this one. Give it a whirl! MOCA is at your service for any questions or support you might need.

You can interact with MOCA via myob.com/support whenever you need assistance. And don't sweat it if MOCA can't quite solve your problem - our live chat team is ready and waiting to take over and help you out!

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post