Forum Discussion

H-TS
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Automated linking of sales/supplier invoices - can we stop customers turning this on yet?

Haydes 

Referring to my previous post (https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Automated-linking-of-sales-supplier-invoices-can-we-stop/m-p/669031#M70382) which is now closed to comments... Is there any update on this? Can we opt out of this yet? 

I'd really like to stop having to double up my work just so that MYOB won't send OUR private information to our clients.

As I said before, this might be a great option for SOME of your customers (ie, the recipients) but it is not necessarily a great option for the customers who are sending the invoices. It should be opt in, not offered by default.

Sure, I could go back to sending emails via outlook but that defeats the purpose of being able to track delivered/viewed invoices. 

Thank you.

• Hi H-TS 

In short: There is no update on this, since some teams have moved around since the Card for this now lives in a shared backlog amongst multiple teams to pick up now.

Sorry for the wait, I've been moving around a fair bit internally but still help look after the Supplier Feeds/Myob to Myob services.

A small note is that the priority order for what to pick up gets determined by some higher ups which are currently arranging everything in that backlog around based on the best experience it gives to people.

That said, I've linked both Forum threads to the Card so that those who prioritise will see your posts on this.

In terms of Private Messages though; I had a look and found that the setting was turned off! I didn't realise since I haven't logged in for a fair bit. I've turned this back on now so you should now be able to flick me a PM anytime now. Sorry for that.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi H-TS 

Perhaps Haydes can provide insight into where we sit from a development team point of view.

However, currently any invoices that are sent using the MYOB Invoice portal will have the option to Link to MYOB. This will allow the recipient of that invoice to have your invoices sent directly to their company file's In Tray. It should be noted, that overall, this is the direction that invoicing is heading for a large number of business as Government initiatives do look to impose e-invoicing on users in some fashion or another.

H-TS
      Trusted User

Thanks Steven_M 

That is great, if you actually deal with large government departments but we have a lot of small business or general public customers. We want them to receive a lump sum invoice for the work we've quoted. In the background, we want to allocate the income to different GL accounts such as labour, transport, etc. We don't want the customer seeing our breakdown - it's none of their business and at the moment if they choose to "link to myob" they would receive this information.

This should be an OPT IN preference, not a default setting.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi H-TS 

I think it's worth point out how the Link to MYOB function actually works in relation to company files and invoices. 

When that option is enabled, the sender of the invoice will send the invoice through to the customer (as with any normal sales process). At that point, the emailed invoice is sent through to the Online Invoice Portal and is also sent through to that recipient's In Tray. If you have that option enabled and create an invoice for that customer but never send it, such as what you are describing with only sending them an invoice for lump um work, then that invoice is not seen or reached to the recipient. It's only seen by that recipient and their In Tray when it is emailed to that recipient, the creation of the invoice doesn't automatically make it flow through to the recipient.