Forum Discussion

HeatherG
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Automatic insertion of a negative amount for fees deducted Receive Money

3rd post of the day with little issues.  In the days prior to many version upgrades, when doing a Receive money it would automatically insert the amount deducted for bank fees but now I have to type it in.  For example, we receive the net amount (say $98.50) from AMEX, record the Gross amount in the Amex code (say $100 paid by customer), tab down to the Credit Card Charge code and if I tabbed it would automatically put in the out of balance figure deducted for fees (say -$1.50 in this example).  Not anymore, I need to type it in.  What happened to that feature? 

• Alright thanks.  This is a recurring transaction as I can use it about a dozen times in one bank reconciliation.  It has always been a recurring transaction in my 14 years here, so somewhere along the line of updating versions, it ceased working with recurring transactions. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HeatherG 

Thanks for your post. I have just tried this in 2020.2 and the -$1.50, as per your example, was automatically entered once I selected the Bank Charges account: 

They only time I had to manually change that fees amount (-1.50) was when I saved the transaction as recurring and then used the recurring transaction.

Creating a new transaction did self-balance by automatically filling the next line.

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

HeatherG
      Experienced Cover User

Alright thanks.  This is a recurring transaction as I can use it about a dozen times in one bank reconciliation.  It has always been a recurring transaction in my 14 years here, so somewhere along the line of updating versions, it ceased working with recurring transactions.