Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Backorders quantities is not updating automatically

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

The most common were listed in my previous post. There are a few other cases where that payment transaction will be blocked - supplier deposit transactions is another example.

In short, when you record a payment on a normal purchase you have the purchase then you have the payment. With supplier deposit transactions, you have a situation where the supplier payment actually occurs before the purchase. What is actually happening is when you record an order no accounts are affected, thus if payment is made on that order it's placed into a holding situation until it is converted across to a bill. At which point the system transfers that payment to the bill. However, from an editing/deleting point of view, you actually in a position where that initial payment transaction is blocked as it technically has occurred before the bill and you can't delete the bill as it has the payment applied to it. More information on supplier deposits can be found on Help Article: Supplier deposits.

Note: This situation is nothing new in the software and has been in the AccountRight 2011 versions and AccountRight Classic iterations.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

OK, I understand that explanation.

So to edit the date of the payment, I basically would need to reverse the bill initially, then allocate debits, then try to proceed from there. I might just leave it on this occasion. My bank statements cover calendar months and it will all balance out in the end. Will be more mindful to never enter payments before they appear on the bank records and therefore be a day or two behind at all times. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Lehan_Aus 

The linked Help Article: Supplier deposits talks about what is required if you do need to edit or delete/reversing a deposit. However, you basically have the idea. If changes are required to that supplier deposit transaction the bill would need to be reversed to generate a debit note. You'll need to then record Settle Returns and Debits transactions to reverse out what has occurred. This will put you back to square one where you can re-record the purchase and payment again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post