Forum Discussion

Altec
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

Column width is not retained in Items List; and Last Cost Incl. keep returning even though removed.

I open the Items List; select Column Chooser and select only the columns I want to display.

I then right click and choose 'Best Fit all columns' 

When I close and reopen the screen (Items List), the column "Last Cost Incl." is displaying in the list of columns even though it was not selected previously.  The Item number column and the Name Column are squashed so that the contents of the columns cannot be read without moving them manually or selecting Best fit again.

I believe this is caused by the added column returning.  Item number is the first column, Name is the second.

Is there anyway to stop "Last Cost Incl." from returning to the list of displayed columns?  and retaining the width of each column as previously selected?

I have added a word document with screen shots.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KWV
    Contributing User

I have the same issue. I need to customise this list and cannot do it.

Altec
    Experienced Cover User

I am really struggling with having to remove this column and resize the other columns everytime I open this screen.  This is one of my most used screens.

Can this please be fixed?

Komal_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Altec , KWV 

Apologies for the delay in response.

With regards to resizing problem, if you want the width size to be remembered, please follow the steps given:

1. Open AccountRight
      2. Open the Items List window
      3. Adjust the column widths as desired
      4. Do not record. leave this on screen

Now
      6. Open the run box on windows by pressing Windows Key + R together
      7. In the box type %localappdata% and press Enter

8. A list of folders appear, Navigate through MYOB>AccountRight>Current>Layouts

This list of .xml files store the settings for the layouts. These are currently not updating as intended.
      We can freeze, to the setting currently on screen in AccountRight, by setting these files as read-only.

9. Right-click on the appropriate .xml file, choose properties.

GridExtras.InventoryItemList.grdvItemsListAllItemsTab

Note the naming convention should help you determine the correct .xml file for the screen you are in AccountRight

10. Tick the Read-only box and click OK.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
        Altec
        Experienced Cover User

I was so excited to get your reply and tried this straight away.

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

I've tried a few different things - closing the session and reopening after making the change etc. but it doesn't make any difference.

I didn't have any trouble following your instructions, so I expect I have done what you said, but it just didn't work.

Is there any script to completely get rid of the "last cost Indicator" altogether maybe? 

I've worked out that if I group by that field, then click on the group "last cost incl.:Yes" the screen is perfect.  But it doesn't hold this layout either and doing this is no quicker really, so I'm no further advanced.

Any other suggestions?