5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Credit Card Surcharge and Payment Allocation

Hi there, 

Apologies for the late reply. I experienced the exact same issue. I remember when I spent over an hour on hold just to have some disinterested MYOB individual brushing off my need for assistance. I was so tired and drained that I just gave up. 
I apologise but I can't remember how I resolved it BUT it was not straightforward as it should be. 
Now funnily enough I experiencing the exact same issue. Payment is in updeposited funds and the surcharge is nowhere to be found. 

SoniaRykiel
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I've just fixed my issue. I don't know why it occurs. But the last time it was a rather different scenario.
Both the payment and surcharge are sitting in the undeposited funds account. They have to be allocated to your chequing account in order to appear when you attempt to allocate them. 
Even though the payment was received in our account over 3 weeks back. The money (on myob) just sits in that undeposited funds account and has to be manually moved. 
My initial issue was far more complicated because the surcharge was appearing elsewhere in myob. I think eventually myob rectified the issue (after months) and no one at the time had any idea was it was happening. 

Jessie-L
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for replying.  I didn't bother calling MYOB as I knew I'd be on hold for quite some time like you were.  I did attempt to resolve the problem over about a month of going back and forth through emails though which was painful.

I had previously set up online payments including credit card fees to be allocated to our cheque account and I still had a couple of transactions that appeared in undeposited funds and had to move them over like you did.  It didn't make any difference though, as I still wasn't able to match them on the bank transaction page.

I was only able to match and reconcile one of these transactions properly because it appeared as it should on my bank transactions, and it was one that I didn't have to move from undeposited funds.......

It seems like I change a setting/allocation for something and MYOB changes it back, undoes it or the program has an update and makes things more complicated than what they need to be.  I've never had so many issues with it up until the last year or so.

I've basically left these transactions for my Accountant to sort out now, but thank you again for getting back to me, much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jessie

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @Jessie-L,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can understand how frustrating it must have been to navigate the issue through emails over the past month. f there's anything I can assist you with or if you have further questions, please feel free to let me know. 

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post