Forum Discussion

IndValuersWA
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Custom Invoice Forms in Drop Down

Have just upgraded from Premier v19 and have now set up our custom forms.  I want the invoice form I use the most to be in the drop down, but I can't find how/where to change this.  I found a similar thread that said delete the ones not in use with the red X but that red X only appears on custom forms, not the default ones in there that are filling up the drop down. 

Steven_M
    5 years ago

Hi IndValuersWA 

Sorry I misinterpreted the enquiry based on the original information.

The default form in the list is pulled by default from the Print/Email Invoices>>Advanced Filters - Selected form for sale list. 

It should be noted, that if you have a form set on the customer's card - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the Customer's card>>Selling Details>>Printed Form, this form will override the form set in the Advanced Filters for that customer.

For more information on selecting forms please see Help Article: Set the default forms to use when emailing or printing

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi IndValuersWA 

As you have indicated that you have just migrated, did you migrate those customise forms from the previous version? If not, I would recommend completing that task through File>>Migrate Custom Forms. Our Help Article: Upgrade task - migrating personalised forms goes through that process.

Once migrated, I would make sure that the forms are appearing in Setup>>Customise Forms for the desired form type and layout. When that is the case, it is just a matter of ensuring that you do have the correct type of option selected for the customise form. For example, if your customise form is an Item Invoice form, that the layout of the transaction is an Item based invoice.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

IndValuersWA
      Experienced Cover User

Hey Steven

My problem is not that the form is in the list - it is.  My problem is that when I'm creating a new invoice, I want MY form to the be default in the drop down list, I don't want to have to "Select Another Form..." and open up the whole list each time I create an invoice. 

In v19 it would be that the last form you opened in set-up would be the default in the Print Invoice drop down list. That is what I'm looking for.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi IndValuersWA 

Sorry I misinterpreted the enquiry based on the original information.

The default form in the list is pulled by default from the Print/Email Invoices>>Advanced Filters - Selected form for sale list. 

It should be noted, that if you have a form set on the customer's card - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the Customer's card>>Selling Details>>Printed Form, this form will override the form set in the Advanced Filters for that customer.

For more information on selecting forms please see Help Article: Set the default forms to use when emailing or printing