Forum Discussion

CT-56
Trusted Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Customer EFTPOS surcharge

When a customer pays sales invoices by EFTPOS I add a surcharge.

When I enter payment to Recieve Payments I enter surcharge to the finance box.

When I print the finance charge invoice that is created by MYOB nothing shows in description.

I would like EFTPOS SURCHARGE to show here.

Is this doable? CT56

• Hi CT-56 

When you record a payment with an amount in the Finance Charge field, a secondary invoice is created for that customer with the payment amount applied to that to close it off.

This system-generated invoice would be a service-based invoice with the account being the sales linked account for late charges and surcharges being used (Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales account). There is no description for the transactional line on that invoice. If a description record is required, a user would need to open that invoice after recording and manually make changes to that invoice. There is no provision to automatically populate that line with a pre-defined description.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CT-56
    Trusted Cover User

I too have the issue of default finance charge invoice NO DESCRIPTION.

Using the eftpos slip as a receipt. This does show surcharge amount.

Hoping Myob feature we need is produced soon. CT56

• Hi CT-56 

When you record a payment with an amount in the Finance Charge field, a secondary invoice is created for that customer with the payment amount applied to that to close it off.

This system-generated invoice would be a service-based invoice with the account being the sales linked account for late charges and surcharges being used (Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Sales account). There is no description for the transactional line on that invoice. If a description record is required, a user would need to open that invoice after recording and manually make changes to that invoice. There is no provision to automatically populate that line with a pre-defined description.