Forum Discussion

Patrick_H
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Customise default name for PDFs

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you have added functionality yet to (somewhat) customise the default file names for the PDFs when saving to disk or attaching to emails.

In my case I'd like to use [customer name]+_+[invoice No (XXXX)]+_+[date (ddmmyy)] or somthing similar.

I have found a few threads with this or similar questions, but wasn't yet available.

Thread:

- Filename of emailed Invoice (PDF) + subject line of email (April 2019)

- Print Multiple Invoices with predefined filename (June 2016)

• Hi Patrick_H 

Thank you for your post. 

From my understanding, there is currently no functionality in the software to enable a user to change a default name of a PDF. The only workaround would be to save the PDF to your computer and manually change the name of the PDF that way. 

Please let me and the MYOB Community Forum know if you have any further questions.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi Patrick_H 

Thank you for your post. 

From my understanding, there is currently no functionality in the software to enable a user to change a default name of a PDF. The only workaround would be to save the PDF to your computer and manually change the name of the PDF that way. 

Please let me and the MYOB Community Forum know if you have any further questions.