Trusted Cover User
122 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

122Posts

37Kudos

5Solutions

Daily sales reports in AccountRight

I asked this question in 2020 but never had the question actually answered.

Daily and weekly reporting - MYOB Community

How do I get daily sales data out of MYOB AccountRight short of running P&L Reports daily and exporting to a spreadsheet? Before I go ahead an do that, I'd like to know if there is some report already available, or if there is a thirdparty solution for this?

Teresa

3 REPLIES 3
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,392 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,392Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Daily sales reports in AccountRight

Hi @doublet,

Thanks for your post. 

I apologize if you didn't receive the answer you were seeking, and I'm sorry for the delay in our response. AccountRight offers a range of built-in reports designed to assist you in monitoring your daily sales. Here are a couple of options to explore:

Sales Register Report: This report enables you to filter transactions by date. By specifying a custom date range, you can focus on daily sales and then easily export the data to a spreadsheet for further analysis.

Income Statement (Profit and Loss) Report: While you mentioned your preference not to run P&L reports on a daily basis, you can still make use of this report by setting custom date ranges to narrow it down to daily intervals. Exporting this data will allow you to obtain a detailed breakdown of your daily income.

Additionally, you can refer to this help article for more information on customizing reports: Customising reports. Gently, you may want to explore third-party solutions as well. Please find the link here: https://www.myob.com/au/blog/11-apps-extend-myob-functionality-bigger-businesses/ 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

doublet
Trusted Cover User
122 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

122Posts

37Kudos

5Solutions

Hi @Earl_HD 
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, due to a booboo on my part.
I understand that the reports can be done as a date range of each day, but I am really not keen on exporting 365 reports a year and then playing with that data in excel to get what I am looking for.
Are you aware of the reporting in webcommerce platforms such as shopify or square? They show lovely graphs of sales in what ever date range you wish, comparing to a previous date range - this is what I am looking for (plus analysis at the item level also).

Anyway, what I have decided to try (but haven't as yet as my focus was elsewhere) is exporting the data out of MYOB and building an Access database where I can do my own reporting.
I am exporting the data now and hoping it will have all the appropriate keys and relationships - is there a relationship diagram anywhere for the MYOB structure?

Thank you for your response

Teresa

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,543 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,543Posts

48Kudos

163Solutions

Hi @doublet,

Thanks for the update. You can create customizable reports based on your needs. Under the “Reporting” tab in MYOB software, you can view saved reports or create instant customizable reports. The report types include sales or purchase reports, as well as reports on income and expenses, stock, banking, taxes, and more. Once you choose the report you need, you can download it as a PDF file or spreadsheet, and this is how our MYOB software currently works.

As for exporting data from MYOB, it is used to take data entered in your company file and use it in other software. This is often used for auditing purposes or to set up another file. You can export the information displayed on the Job Sheet homepage to Microsoft Excel.

However, if these reports do not provide the data you need, I encourage you to post this as a suggestion on our Ideas Exchange board. This is where our development team looks for user feedback and ideas for future updates.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post