Forum Discussion

RachyRabbit
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Date Range

My financial year is 1/7/2020-30/6/2021.

If l invoice and the date is more than todays date there is a yellow warning that comes up.

However if l date it before the 1/7/2020 there is no error?? and it allows the transaction to be updated.

Is there anywhere in the system that you can program this to prevent incorrect dates?

Regards

Rachel

• Hi RachyRabbit 

Thanks for your post. If you want to prevent new transactions being recorded in a previous period I would recommend setting lock periods. The lock period can be updated as required, such as, when the BAS has been lodged for the last quarter. You can do this by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Lock Period: Disallow Entries Prior To: <enter date>

If you want to stop transactions from being changed after they have been recorded, go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Transactions Can't be Changed; They Must be Reversed. 

Both of these settings can be turned off by unticking them if you need to make any changes or add entries.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RachyRabbit 

Thanks for your post. If you want to prevent new transactions being recorded in a previous period I would recommend setting lock periods. The lock period can be updated as required, such as, when the BAS has been lodged for the last quarter. You can do this by going to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Lock Period: Disallow Entries Prior To: <enter date>

If you want to stop transactions from being changed after they have been recorded, go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security tab>>tick Transactions Can't be Changed; They Must be Reversed. 

Both of these settings can be turned off by unticking them if you need to make any changes or add entries.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.