Forum Discussion

AH1
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago
Solved

Payroll including timesheets from outside of date range

Hi all, our payroll is monday through sunday, and we tend to process payroll on a wednesday (for the week prior).  We're finding timesheets entered into the new pay week are pulling into the payroll (despite being outside of the payroll date range).

It makes payroll processing longer as we need to overtype all the entries, and also the timesheets in the new pay period become locked as the system believes they have already been included in a pay run.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Many thanks :)

• Hi, AH1

Kindly try to process the payroll on Monday to see if it will still include the days that should not be included. As this may cause the other days included when processing the pay when it should not. Please let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

6 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, AH1

Thanks for your post.

To process payroll with timesheets, and you are processing outside of the date range or a prior one, you may if the lock period is tick that may prevent you for doing so. To check it, go to Setup > Preferences > Security. If it's ticked, kindly untick it. See screenshot attached below.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

AH1
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen, appreciate the suggestion, however my issue is not with earlier timesheets being included, it is timesheets entered after the payroll date, that are being drawn in.

For example, my payroll period ends on Sunday 4th February.  We continue entering timesheets on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th February (as we use timesheets for both payroll and job costing).  Then if we process payroll for WE 4th February AFTER that, the pay run will include the timesheets from the 5th and 6th (despite being past the end payroll date).

Its quite frustrating!

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, AH1

Thanks for your response.

Kindly check the settings on when your week starts on to see if it has the correct day. As this may affect the timesheet date when processing pay. To check it, go to Setup > Preferences > System tab, select the I Use Timesheets for [...] and My Week Starts on [...] preference.

Let us know how it goes on your end.

Best regards,

Doreen