Forum Discussion

QSS_Shelley2012
Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Deleting a Sale that has been reversed

Hi,

We had 2 x invoices that were paid for by clients; however then required a refund.

I followed the info online and reversed the sales, then processed a refund via settle credits.

My issue now is that the activity slips for these are now re-appearing in 'Prepare Time Billing Invoice' and when you try and delete them it says 'You cannot delete this activity slip because it has been billed.'

How do I get rid of the activity slips from here? Don't want them to stay listed as 'Time Billing Customers'.

Thanks!

• Hi QSS_Shelley2012 

Reversing out an invoice that has come from an activity slip will cause the activity slip to be not marked as paid thus re-appear back into the Prepare TimeBilling Invoices window.

If you are not wishing to have that activity slip re-appear back into the window, you want to complete the following:

1. Navigate to the corresponding activity slip
    2. Within the Enter Activity Slips, update the adjustment field  (far right) to be the negative amount of Hours. This should make the Billable value 0.00
    3. Select Save

If you don't wish to update the Adjustment field you can also use the Already Billed to achieve the same result - just has to be a positive value for that one.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi QSS_Shelley2012 

Reversing out an invoice that has come from an activity slip will cause the activity slip to be not marked as paid thus re-appear back into the Prepare TimeBilling Invoices window.

If you are not wishing to have that activity slip re-appear back into the window, you want to complete the following:

1. Navigate to the corresponding activity slip
    2. Within the Enter Activity Slips, update the adjustment field  (far right) to be the negative amount of Hours. This should make the Billable value 0.00
    3. Select Save

If you don't wish to update the Adjustment field you can also use the Already Billed to achieve the same result - just has to be a positive value for that one.