DeeDoh
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting a supplier payment - deposit transaction

Hi Tracey

Hoping you can help me please.  I am tring to delete a supplier payment I made.  It won't allow me to delete or reverse.  Message is that I can't delete a deposit payment on a recorded supplier invoice.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,565 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,565Posts

51Kudos

167Solutions

Re: Deleting a supplier payment - deposit transaction

Hi @DeeDoh,

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum.

My apologies for the delay in response. We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties deleting a deposit transaction from your supplier payment. We appreciate your patience. Allow me to help you with this. You may follow the steps below on how you can delete the deposit, depending on the purchase order.

If the purchase order hasn't been converted to a bill,

• To ensure any GST on the deposit is accounted for correctly and to provide an audit trail, we recommend you reverse the deposit.
  • Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
  • Click the Security tab.
  • Select the option Transactions CAN'T be Changed; They Must be Reversed.
  • Click OK.
  • Open the order (Purchases Purchase Register > Orders tab) and click the zoom arrow to open the order.
  • Click History to display the payment transaction.
  • Click the zoom arrow to open the payment transaction.
  • Go to the Edit menu and choose Reverse Payment. The deposit-reversal transaction is shown.
  • Click Record. The deposit is reversed and removed from the purchase order.

If the purchase order has been converted to a bill,

You can't simply delete the deposit; the bill will first need to be reversed. This provides an audit trail of the transaction and allows the deposit to be refunded.

Let's walk you through how to do this. The scenario we'll use is where an order has been created and a deposit applied, then the order is converted to a bill but is subsequently cancelled.

If you need to reverse the deposit because the wrong amount has been applied, after completing the steps below, you'll need to recreate the order and apply the correct deposit amount.

You may check out this helpful article, Supplier Deposit, for more information and further instructions. Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post