Forum Discussion

nitesh
User
3 years ago

How to have to have separate invoice and Quote number sequence

Hi 
I am using Accountright 2022 and we just finished with our external audit. One of the things our Auditors highlighted was the broken or inconsitent invoice number sequence. Ideally there should be just one neat sequence of invoices but in our case, we have a team that use MYOB to create quotes which also automatically picks the last number used and increases it by one. 

Eg. if my last invoic number was 6000 and I create a quote, MYOB will automatically assign it 6001 and so on. Quotes do not always convert to invoices because clients can decline a quote so what it means is if I convert a quote (eg quote number 6015) to invoice then it will allocate this new invoice the next available number (= 6016). 

So my last invoice was 6000 and my next invoice now will be 6016 and if I create a report on invoices and send it to my auditors they will immediately point out the inconsisent invoice number. 

I thought if I change my quote number to something else eg 20220001 and all my quotes would start following this but this is not ideal because instead of a quote i create an invoice...this new invoice would be given 2022002 as the invoice number and not 6017. 

MYOB should amend the program such that users can choose to run seperate sequences. Eg If my Invoice is running 6000 series I can setup my quotes to be some other series different from invoices series. If I convert a quote to an invoice then MYOB is smart enough to detect the last sequence in the invoices series and use that next number. 

This would make life so easy. 

Maybe MYOB developers can learn from FRESHBOOKS. 

Nitesh

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi nitesh 

AccountRight 2021 versions have been designed to use the next number in the auto numbering sequence. 

We do understand that some users would like to see a different sequence for invoices generated by third-parties application and other instances. This is something that we have fed back to the required teams for the future.