Forum Discussion

Factory
Contributing User
4 months ago
Solved

Invoice number sequence changing

We are experiencing an issue after having changed our Invoice numbering sequence in AccountRight. Here it was changed and what is now taking place (I'll use example numbers):

- Our numbering sequence was up to 10000

- We then changed it start at 30000

- All newly created orders correctly obtained numbers in that sequence (E.g. 30001, 30002, 30003)

- However, if we invoice any of the old orders (E.g. 10123), then the next NEW order we create is grabbing a number from that sequence, rather than the 30000 sequence.

Is there any way to stop this from taking place? We're essentially stuck in a loop, with loads of duplicate order numbers taking place, as the sequence keeps flipping back and forth.

We have a very high volume of daily orders (200+) with some not being invoice for weeks at time. Therefore it's seemingly impossible for us to rectify this, as we need to keep going back and invoicing orders from the old sequence.

How do we solve this?

• Hi CarolG1,

Thank you for your post.

It seems like there's a bit of a hiccup with the sequence of your orders. It's possible that this is due to a preference setting that's currently active. If the preference is selected, the system will adhere to the sequence number from the order.

To resolve this, you might want to consider deselecting this preference. This should allow the orders to adopt the new sequence when they're converted into invoices.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Factory

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties caused by the invoice number sequence. Currently, the application picks up the last sale transaction number you've created and uses the next sequential number after that when creating the next sale transaction. You will need to change the invoice number every time you create a sale transaction that goes back to previous sale transaction numbers. You can read through this article, Enter an Invoice, Quote or Order. This will provide further information about how the creating sales transactions works.

I recommend posting this as a suggestion in the Ideas Exchange Board for the development team to see. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CarolG1,

Thank you for your post.

It seems like there's a bit of a hiccup with the sequence of your orders. It's possible that this is due to a preference setting that's currently active. If the preference is selected, the system will adhere to the sequence number from the order.

To resolve this, you might want to consider deselecting this preference. This should allow the orders to adopt the new sequence when they're converted into invoices.

Feel free to create a new post again if you need further help.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess