Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Change Customer Name on invoice

Just wondering how I can change the Customer Name on an invoice that has been created and emailed. When I go to the Customer Name, it's not allowing me to change..thanks

• Hi Micah07 

Once an invoice has been saved and emailed, the fields like customer name cannot be changed. In order to make such changes, you will have to delete and recreate the invoice. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Micah07 

Once an invoice has been saved and emailed, the fields like customer name cannot be changed. In order to make such changes, you will have to delete and recreate the invoice. 

mamak
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Komal,

Is this something that MYOB would consider changing?  It has always been able to be done before the upgrade. 

In many instances, we need to change the invoice contact for accounts purposes at their end to be made out to an accounts department or OC if it was addressed incorrectly. Having to change details of an invoice once saved or emailed means re entering all of the data and is very time wasting.

This is not a good change with the new upgrade and very frustrating. 

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi mamak 

I'm not aware of immediate plans to change it, however, will pass on your feedback to our teams for consideration. 

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi justinayres_80 

The customer name cannot be changed after the invoice has been saved, you will have to delete the invoice and re-create it with the correct details.