Forum Discussion

Kristyh1
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Importing Purchases into MYOB

HI MYOB

I have another system which captures my purchases - we export the data and then import into MYOB.

I noticed the tax codes in my other system were all set to N-T when they should be FREE.

We have since update the codes to FREE and I can see this on the import but when I try and import into MYOB i get the below error message 

Summary of errors

Error -241: Supplier not found. Purchase order not imported.

Warning 108: Invalid tax code; code ignored.

Any idea why it would say the tax code is invalid? 

• Hi Kristyh1 

You mentioned that you have updated the code in the other system to be "FREE", are you saying that the code is FREE or you just updated it to be GST-free but the code is FRE? 

The reason I ask this is that typically the GST-free tax code would be "FRE". If you are using the tax code with the code: FREE for your transactions as the code matches you will encounter an error to indicate that tax code is invalid - FREE vs FRE

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Kristyh1 

You mentioned that you have updated the code in the other system to be "FREE", are you saying that the code is FREE or you just updated it to be GST-free but the code is FRE? 

The reason I ask this is that typically the GST-free tax code would be "FRE". If you are using the tax code with the code: FREE for your transactions as the code matches you will encounter an error to indicate that tax code is invalid - FREE vs FRE