Inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

275Kudos

231Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory

Hi

We have entered a Supplier Bill with one of the lines being an Inventory item with nil in stock, and nil entered in the Bill, Received or Backorder fields.

When recording the bill, get errror message that there are not enough of the Item on hand in the selected location to record this transaction.

As this is a Bill, not a Sale, and values for the particular Item are nil, why are we getting this message, and how do we fix it?

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Inventory

Hi @IanChait 

Apologies for the delay in response. 

What is the current profile of the item? If an inventory adjustment is done prior to recording this purchase to increase both value and quantity, does it then let you record the bill without any errors?  Ideally, this error should only occur when either the quantity or value will go below zero and if that's not the case, do an inventory adjustment, record the purchase, do another adjustment. 

I will also pass this on to the team in case it's a one-off glitch. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @IanChait 

Just a thought Ian - I suspect that inventory doesn't see zero in a mathematical sense (that we do - do nothing, change nothing) - but it tries to do a entry to that inventory item and that it's quantity on hand or current value is already negative (even by a tiny weeny bit) and you have merely triggered this fact and hence the message.

Why is it less than zero - or the current value less than zero - because, as you know, MYOB inventory records or shows in single mathematic format but stores the information in double format and this only becomes a problem when you get close to zero for the item.

I run up against this problem constantly - where as the front end of MYOB reports 0 on hand and zero value - but the API shows 0.00 in single format but 0.0000000345 in double format.

And MYOB has to clean this discrepancy up with an inventory script.

The Doc

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

275Kudos

231Solutions

HI @The_Doc 

Thank you for your reply. This is ridulous, as they are adding 0 qty in a purchase, not even trying to record a 0 qty in a sale.

Will have to het a script run over the file.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @IanChait 

Please send me the impacted product serial number and company file name by Private message so I can organise to run those scripts.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post