Forum Discussion

Knight16
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Job List Report

Hi

Are we able to sort a Job list report?  I can show/hide columns and sort the columns in to a particular order but I can't sort the information, for example, by Linked Customer Name.

If I export to excel, the data can be manipulated, however it inserts a blank row in between each line and therefore makes the report very long.  It would take quite a while to remove all these rows.  This is a report that I print daily.

Is there a way to sort this report without too much fiddling?

• Hi Knight16 

Its possible to create the report you want using either the MYOB for Excel add-in or OdataLink

Your can do that by quering all the jobs data into a single flat table including the linked customer field and then sort by that field. There are not blanks in the data when extracted

Once created you just need to refresh that report in Excel without opening MYOB at all

Your welcome to private message me if you require assistance going down that path

Jeff

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Knight16 

Its possible to create the report you want using either the MYOB for Excel add-in or OdataLink

Your can do that by quering all the jobs data into a single flat table including the linked customer field and then sort by that field. There are not blanks in the data when extracted

Once created you just need to refresh that report in Excel without opening MYOB at all

Your welcome to private message me if you require assistance going down that path

Jeff