Forum Discussion

InterlineBrie
Contributing User
11 months ago

Need help with autobuild and stock

I keep getting an error message that an inventory item will have a positive on hand item but negative value.

I need to fix the item as it currently think that 1kg is worth $13 when it should be $3

But it is very stuck on thinking that it can't be changed

Is this something that could be fixed behind the scenes?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hello InterlineBrie 

Thank you for reaching out through posting.

In this case, as its referring to the value of the items, not the quantity, you would need to increase the value of the items through an Inventory Adjustment. You need to increase the total value of the item stated in the error.

For example, you currently have 5 items at $6, totaling $30. If the credit you’re trying to record was for 4 items at $8, totaling $32, it won’t be recorded and you would need to record an inventory adjustment to bring the value to at least $32. 

If you still need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this post. You can also send me a screenshot of the error through private message if it contains confidential information. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.