Forum Discussion

Naj
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Autobuild - existing item

Hi eveyone,

Started a new role few weeks ago.

Currently they are doing an inventory adjustment after each production run to reflect the changes in stock level. It is very manual and I want to automate it.

I cannot turn on auto build on exsiting item of sale

How do I go around this please? Do I need to create a new item? 

What happens to the items for raw materials? Do i need to cancel them too and create new ones?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thnak you.

• Hi Naj 

Generally speaking, if you do have an auto-build item that does need to be set up you would be looking at creating a new item within the Item list with the desired items that make up that item in the Auto-build tab.

In terms of an existing item, it does appear that the system can set up that information by directly adding that associated information to the Auto-Build item. There may be a history of that item i.e. committed or on order values that may impact that ability. If that is the case, those transactions could be investigated and deleted. Alternatively, creating a new item for the auto-build item and potentially doing an inventory adjustment to transfer the existing stock to that new item.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Naj 

Generally speaking, if you do have an auto-build item that does need to be set up you would be looking at creating a new item within the Item list with the desired items that make up that item in the Auto-build tab.

In terms of an existing item, it does appear that the system can set up that information by directly adding that associated information to the Auto-Build item. There may be a history of that item i.e. committed or on order values that may impact that ability. If that is the case, those transactions could be investigated and deleted. Alternatively, creating a new item for the auto-build item and potentially doing an inventory adjustment to transfer the existing stock to that new item.

Naj
      Contributing User

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the solution. 

Naj

JWULF
      User

Hi Steven

I have added items to autobuild for an existing item but for some reason the items are not being taken out of stock. 

Can you help in any way?

Thanks

Jeremy

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi JWULF 

Since adding those items to the auto build set up have you built the item? The reason I ask this is the items will only be taken out of stock when you generate that build items transaction. If you have added that item but not generated a build items transaction, the quantity would not be taken off the individual items.

If you have done a build items transaction since adding those individual items, was that individual item on the Build Items transaction? If not, as that line would not be included, it would not have reduced the quantity of the stock.