Forum Discussion

KGA
User
3 years ago
Solved

Payment made by customer directly to our supplier

My boss ordered materials from a supplier on behalf of a customer, then issued an invoice to the customer. But instead of getting the customer to pay us then we pay the supplier, he got the customer to make payment to the supplier directly. 

Now I have an open bill and an open invoice which I'm having trouble with reconciliation because there's no bank transaction corresponding to this.

Can someone please help? TIA

• Hi KGA 

The process I would use would be to process the payments through a holding account. The full process is below for you:

1. Navigate to Business Name Menu (top right)>>Accounts>>Accounts list.
    2. Select Add new.
    3. Give the account a number, name, set the account type to be Banking, and add a tax code.
    4. Select Save.
    5. Once the account has been created, you would go to Sales>>Take payments.
    6. Select the customer and other information. In the Into account choose that newly created account.
    7. Complete the transaction as per normal and select Save.
    8. Go to Purchaes>>Pay bills.
    9. Select the supplier and other information. In the From account choose that newly created account.
    10. Complete the transaction as per normal and select Save.

What the above process will do is allow the payment to flow through to the holding account. Once in the holding account, you can use that pay the supplier purchases. As you are not using the main bank account in those transactions there is no impact on that transactions.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KGA 

The process I would use would be to process the payments through a holding account. The full process is below for you:

1. Navigate to Business Name Menu (top right)>>Accounts>>Accounts list.
    2. Select Add new.
    3. Give the account a number, name, set the account type to be Banking, and add a tax code.
    4. Select Save.
    5. Once the account has been created, you would go to Sales>>Take payments.
    6. Select the customer and other information. In the Into account choose that newly created account.
    7. Complete the transaction as per normal and select Save.
    8. Go to Purchaes>>Pay bills.
    9. Select the supplier and other information. In the From account choose that newly created account.
    10. Complete the transaction as per normal and select Save.

What the above process will do is allow the payment to flow through to the holding account. Once in the holding account, you can use that pay the supplier purchases. As you are not using the main bank account in those transactions there is no impact on that transactions.

KGA
      User

It worked! Thank you so much!