Forum Discussion

JuliaL
Contributing User
2 years ago

Re: Updating item pricing

I am having an issue too with MYOB Essentials "new" file
I imported in a list from old V19.6 using the suggested template but no selling price came in (first issue)
I cannot go into 6,000 items individually to update the price.

Client then created a couple of invoices and now cannot change the selling price or even update for increased prices when needed.

Error message - 'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

Client now does not want to continue with the file and has gone back to their desktop version.

I am hoping this can be resolved.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi JuliaL 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Usually, when needing to import a lot of information, we recommend trying to import just 1 item, then groups of 50 or 100.

If you are still unable to import with a smaller file, would you be able to send through a screenshot of the message you receive after importing, and an example import file so I can reproduce the issue from my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JuliaL
      Contributing User

Hello Samara

Thank you for reply but that was not my question.

I did do smaller files.

The sale price did not come in and I was saying to change 6000 items manually one by one would be time consuming - I have since found the possible issue.

Main issue was - initial items were imported and sell price was blank, customer created an invoice using non-inventory item and entered in the sell price on the invoice line item manually and saved invoice but when wanting to changing the item price on the item list it would not allow a change as the item had been used.

'Items per selling unit' cannot be edited when an item has been used in a transaction.

This is my main issue.

If the item price cannot be changed how can you go about increasing prices which is standard process that everyone would do.

Thanks

Julia

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi JuliaL 

Can I have a little more clarification on what steps you are taking - Is this item marked as I sell and I inventory, or just I sell? As you mentioned that the item is non-inventoried, but when I have a look at the Selling Details screen, it only shows Number of units if the item is marked as an inventoried item.

If it is inventoried and you have entered a sale then you will not be able to change the Number of units. The only way to change it is if you delete all the sales first. 

Hope that helps, and if you have further questions, I would still require a screenshot of the item and the error message, to help me understand the exact issue.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.