Forum Discussion

Clinton_ELA
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Sales Invoice shows a Negative Balance but is not shown in Returns and Credits tab

I have a Sales Invoice with a Negative Balance showing in the Amount Due section, but the credit does not show in the Returns and Credits tab.

Whats is causing this issue and how can it be fixed?

We had a customer pay for an order in advance.

The payment was processed agains the order and the amount put to the Customer Desposits account.

When the order was turned to an invoice, there was a backorder.

The full deposit was put agains the order, causing a credit amount.

Now the Backorder has been processed, but the Credit amount from the first invoice is only reflected when opening the invoice.  There is no credit amount in the Returns and Credits tab, preventing the 2nd invoice from being cleared.

Has anyone had this issue before and how can it be balanced and cleared?  

• There was no Window pop up message about the credit when we change the order to an invoice.

Ive sent the serial number details in a private message.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Clinton_ELA 

Thank you for your post. When looking at the Returns and Credits tab, it will only show credits that haven't been assigned to anything. Have you gone through the account and checked if it hasn't been assigned to another invoice accidentally?

If you still can't find the credit, could you send a screenshot through showing the 3 transactions so I can replicate it on my end? 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Clinton_ELA
      Experienced User

Hi Samara

In the attached file you can see the invoices listed in the Open Invoices tab.

It shows TWO open invoices.

The first invoice had the FULL deposit applied against it when the order was turned into an invoice.

In the Open Invoices tab, it shows this invoice has a DUE amount of USD3635.40, but when you open the invoice as shown on page 2.  It shows there is a NEGATIVE amount due of USD807.60 with an APPLIED to Date amount of USD4443.

The invoice value was USD3635.40 and the amount paid was USD4443.

This should have given me a Credit amount of USD807.60, but this amount is NOT listed on the RETURNS & CREDITS tab. And that is the problem.

The credit amount can only be seen when you open the invoice (page 2).

Page 3 shows the transactions after clicking the HISTORY button.

I need to get the credit amount onto the RETURNS & CREDITS tab so that I can settle the 2nd invoice shown on page 1.

Let me know if you need more details and if you can suggest a fix.

Thanks,

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Clinton_ELA 

Thanks for providing that additional information. As another point of troubleshooting could you try the following:

1. Take a Back up of your online file then Restore the backup to the AccountRight library on your computer. 
        2. Create a payment for that invoice as a test e.g. Just put the payment as $1.
        3. Check the Returns & Credits tab and see if that credit has been created.
        4. If you do see it, can you delete the original payment and re-enter it.
        5. If that then comes through, then do the same on your live file. 

Let me know how you go, and if the above does not work, could you send a screenshot of the Returns & Credits screen?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.