Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Shopify and Refund

Hi there,

We use Shopify for our online store, it is not integrated into MYOB so we manually create invoices for our online sales and match the payments to the invoices and deduct any fees with an adjustment to the transaction.

We had an online customer return product over Christmas and we refunded them through Shopify, however as Shopify had already paid out for their order before the return, they have deducted the return from our next order payment, my question is how do I accurately reflect this in our accounts?

1 REPLY 1
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Shopify and Refund

Hi @WildReign1

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand the need to make sure your transactions are recorded correctly. Generally, we record transactions according to what happened in real life. You can either reverse this invoice or create a negative invoice with the amount of the first invoice. This will result in a credit note which you can apply against the next invoice so that your customer can pay just the excess fee. Also, I suggest reading through this article, Customer Returns, Credits and Refunds. This will provide you with more information regarding the process.

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post