Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Tracking Income by type & product

Hi All,

After tracking income into 3 very simple Income Accounts - New License, Renewal License, Consulting - there is now a business requirement to report each of the above by product as well.

So effectively each of the above income streams x 5 main product groupings.  

Would love some suggestions on the best way to handle this. 

We are using Account Right Premiere

• Hi Anne_MV 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Something that may work for your requirements would be to have your 3 income stream accounts set up as header accounts. Then create detail accounts for the different products.

You could then report a total for each income stream and a breakdown of each product.

Create detail and header accounts

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question or if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Anne_MV 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. Something that may work for your requirements would be to have your 3 income stream accounts set up as header accounts. Then create detail accounts for the different products.

You could then report a total for each income stream and a breakdown of each product.

Create detail and header accounts

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question or if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Anne_MV
      User

Thanks Tracey - I appreciate the response.

This is the approach I have taken but it is nice to have my thinking confirmed.