Forum Discussion

RonAva
User
4 months ago
Solved

Unable to re-send sales invoice in a locked period

Hi,   I am unable to re-send some invoices to clients. Keep coming up against “You can’t edit sales dated in the lock period. The lock period is specified in the security tab of the preferences win...
    4 months ago

Hi RonAva

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The error message indicates that the invoice you’re trying to resend is within the lock period date. This will prevent anyone from inadvertently making an entry or changes in a period in which you don’t want new entries. To resolved this, you may follow the following steps below:

• Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Untick the box Lock Periods: Disallow Entries Prior to option and choose the relevant date.
      This selection will unlock on all transactions prior to the date selected. 
    • Click OK.

Please note that your user role needs to have the permission to change preferences. Do let us know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella