Forum Discussion

NationalTS
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

View Customer Card List by Designation

Hi Community Users,

Is there a way I can view my customer card list by designation? I want to be able to see (within MYOB not from a report) a list of my customers that are a "Company" as opposed to "Individual".

Any help would be very appreciated.

• Hi NationalTS 

The Card List doesn't differentiate between designations when it comes to viewing. As such, there would not be a direct way to do it.

One method that you could do that would be to filter the cards that contain a comma to show the individual cards and doesn't contain a comma for company cards.

For example, the filter editor for individuals would be:

The above would work as all individual cards would have a comma included in the name. It should be noted if you are using this method, and had a company with a comma in their name this would also appear.

The other option would be to mark the cards with an identifier or a custom listy entry before adding that column to the Card list window then using that field/record to filter the cards.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi NationalTS 

The Card List doesn't differentiate between designations when it comes to viewing. As such, there would not be a direct way to do it.

One method that you could do that would be to filter the cards that contain a comma to show the individual cards and doesn't contain a comma for company cards.

For example, the filter editor for individuals would be:

The above would work as all individual cards would have a comma included in the name. It should be noted if you are using this method, and had a company with a comma in their name this would also appear.

The other option would be to mark the cards with an identifier or a custom listy entry before adding that column to the Card list window then using that field/record to filter the cards.

NationalTS
      Contributing Cover User

Steven_M  This is a really good work around - thank you for that. Very much appreciated :-)