EvonW
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

category and department set up not exist

We have jobs set up and we wish to use either department or category to bring some jobs to one department.

But when I follow the set up instruction, there is no "Turn on Category Tracking" option that I can tick. Same problem with enabling department.  I only have "Turn on cost centre tracking are require/not required to all transactions". How do I start on department and categories when those set up were not exist? 

4 REPLIES 4
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

273Solutions

Re: category and department set up not exist

Hi @EvonW,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! Please double-check by following these steps: Go to the Setup menu and select Preferences. Then, click on the System tab. Look for the option to Turn on Category Tracking. You can choose "Required" from the list if you want to make the selection of a category mandatory for all transactions. Please see this help article for more information: Categories

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help! 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

EvonW
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I read the categories instruction before I made the post. However, there is no option for me under the system to do all those setting. Please see my screenshot attached. Thanks. system.png

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

273Solutions

Hi @EvonW,

Thanks for your detailed response. When I open my test file now, it seems that this feature has been removed after the update. Also, only income and expenses can be tracked in jobs. I recommend posting a suggestion on our Product Ideas page. Your input can help improve our product! Please share any ideas or suggestions you have on our product ideas page.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @Earl_HD , @EvonW , categories have been renamed as Cost centres in 2024.3. 

Also it is possible to allocate jobs on transactions coded to the balance sheet; some job reports have an extra option to include balance sheet accounts, for example the Job Transaction Detail.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post